Monday, May 25, 2009

Sorry, Out of service!

Last Friday night we went to the bank to pay my CC. Cut the story short, after I put the money into the machine, I heard the ‘counting’ sound. I wait for a sec. It counted again. But suddenly the screen shows a message. Waited again. No receipt.

DSC00406

What?!!! I panicked for a while. The people around keep asking what’s happening. The machine took my money without even saying thank you, apa lagi resit. So, how should I report this without any evidence of transaction? I tried to call the customer care centre. It was so complicated, need to press so many button before I get through to the officer. At first I kept pressing the wrong code/number, maybe because I was nervous+panic. Several customer at the bank offering some suggestion and help. One of them gave her phone number and she said she will contact her friend, the bank manager later.

After several attempt I finally got through to the right officer (customer care). I reported the incident and she took my particulars for authentication. She assured me that she will pass it to the bank, the process will be in 7 working day. 7 days? Punya lah lama! So, I decided to go to the bank first thing on Monday morning.

Trying to comfort myself, I thought as a computer programmed machine, the ATM should recorded the account number and the transaction on that particular time when I inserted my money. And if the ‘counting sound’ I heard earlier is really counting process, the transaction should be successful. Oh, ok… I will check my account again later.

This morning, before I go to the bank I re-check my account. Thank God, Alhamdulillah! The payment was successful! Syukur, Alhamdulillah! Next time, I will insist to pay through the counter, peduli lah tu org mo marah sy. Sometime ICT really can cause trouble!

Oh ya, if this happen to you.. you should need to have several information. First you need to call the customer care.

  • The ATM ID
  • Time of transaction
  • How much money..
  • Your account number (yg involved with the transaction)
  • Your particulars
Harap2 tidak terjadi lagi kepada kita semua...


2 comments:

Maz Al Eidrus said...

mate, lucky you the money masuk your account.

our case hampir2 serupa, happened last month.

my hubby keluarkan duit guna Bankcard at Ambank RM1000, tapi duit nda keluar. Lepas tu dia pegi Maybank keluarkan RM1000, juga duit nda keluar.

he then check account, RM2002 'hilang'. terkejut la kami. terus call RHB customer service, punyala susah mcm what u said. dia bilang within 7 days can get our money back.

tunggu 7 days, tiada duit, called them... within 14 days pulak... after 14 days... tunggu 21 days pulak... imagine kurang RM2000 utk belanja sebulan... adoiii... pening kepala... now after 30 days, baru RM1001 masuk jumaat lepas... lagi RM1001 belum nampak batang hidung...

Misako said...

aduh mate.. sy ingat sy jak yg terkena.. susah lah mcm tu kan.. smoga cepat2 lah dpt yg baki lain tu..