Monday, August 01, 2011

1 Ramadhan 1432

Today is the first day of fasting for us Muslims.  As usual it is quite a challenge especially for the little ones. Alhamdulillah, until now I can still survive. Thanks for the practice several weeks before this. Biasalah, ganti puasa bah.

Sahur is a must in my family. My hubby can get gastric if we skip sahur. Last night before bed,  I marinated my hubby’s favourite dish for 1st day fasting – lamb! Prepare the kangkung then off to bed. Woke up after the first ring of the alarm clock from my hp, rushed to the kitchen to prepare all the dishes. Ala kadar.

Coffee for me and milo for hubby and nurul. Then wake those sleepyhead up. No success on the attempt to wake up Danish. Three of us continue sahur until imsak, 4.40 am. Cleared up everything before continue ironing the uniforms. Just before the sun rise, Danish woke up and asked whether he still can eat. I said yes.  So there he is, sahur at 6.45 am ;)

9.30 am, it’s the second time Danish told me that he is hungry. Again, explained him the purpose of fasting for n th time. 

11.00 am, went to see Mr Supervisor. Several milestones have been set up. Takuut. One clear reminder for me.

“Starting from 1st August, change your mind set.. now,  you are a student! Start working on the papers. At the end of you study you should have 12 conference and journal papers. ”  His face and tone was so serious, that I can almost cry. I really need to digest the statement and  sleep over it. So,..

I am a student, once again!

Photo0282 

ummi with lil Danial at Majlis Pertunangan Norhayati @ Kota Ayangan Keningau.

Ramadhan, kedatanganmu dinanti. Semoga segala ibadah di bulan mulia ini akan lebih baik kualiti dan kuantitinya berbanding bulan-bulan sebelum ini.  Selamat berpuasa rakan-rakanku.

niatpuasa

dipinjam dari Blog Lanun Sepet. Makasih yaa.. ;)

No comments: