Thursday, April 15, 2010

e-Learning

 

Also known as electronic learning. But the implementation should not replace the traditional teaching and learning process, for me lah. Wanted to say something about e-Learning not only because just came back from a meeting about e-Learning, but also because it is the combination of my two passion: computer and learning.

“Early E-Learning systems, based on Computer-Based Learning/Training often attempted to replicate autocratic teaching styles whereby the role of the e-learning system was assumed to be for transferring knowledge, as opposed to systems developed later based on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning (CSCL), which encouraged the shared development of knowledge.” –wikipedia.

Do you really believe on e-learning? What I mean is, do you believe that this e-learning thingy could work? Can learners learn through an online medium? Particularly on their own. There are alot of online learning product coming in to the market. Although it has its own users, but some still do not believe on it. They would prefer a one-to-one teaching instead, which I found cannot be replaced by the computer 100%. However, for me, we should provide an alternative platform especial for the youngsters to get the benefit of the Internet. Not only for the entertainment, but also for the educational purpose.

There are a lot of hassle in order to make e-learning really work. I already experienced them for almost 10 years. And still, it is still in my heart and thinking of pursuing my research and study into it, no  matter what others will say. For me, passion is the most important thing. At the end, it’s passion that will drive you to your goal.

danial makan2 with student the ultramen above the cloud

Gambar2 hiasan..

No comments: