Friday, April 23, 2010

Wayang Free

It was a good opportunity when I was invited to be one of the AJK of a Viva Voce. Although it was not my area of expertise, I force myself to attend it. I was really a good experience, I learn a lot.

Some points that I get from the exercise:

  • Writing your PhD thesis is a very, very serious job. The English writing skills is a MUST.
  • Need to cite all the related research and justify why it is relevant to your study.
  • All definition, terms, keywords must be clearly elaborated.
  • All results of experiment must be supported with strong justification and relate to the theory.
  • Do not use ambigous term like, very excellent, very efficient, not so robust, etc. Need to compare it to a certain standard such e.g. It is very efficient theorem because the average delay is 20 ms, which is.. bla..bla..bla..

Like Dr. R, said.. it was a wayang free for me to prepare me for my Viva voce, one day. 

No comments: