Saturday, April 11, 2009

Computer Science Night

Attended Computer Science Dinner last night. Organized by our CS student club. That was my first experience having dinner function at Beverly Hotel and it was nice. I like the menu, especially the Tom Yam sup. Also the sweet n sour fish, taste more like asam laksa. Yummy. I skipped the nasi goreng. Got advice from dear friend to reduce nasi goreng or mee goreng. So, I lost 3 kilos since last week. Yahoo.. !

Last night was interesting. The students were really showing off. Melaram sakan. Most of the girls wearing sleeveless gown. Nice but too sexy some of them. The boys, ya they look hansome. I only know my third year student. Can't remember second year's and only recognize the familiar faces of my mentee, first year batch. The guest of honor was Mr. Razif on behalf of the dean. Salmah gave her opening speech and Dr. Rayner talked about the reality of CS student. Yes, programming. You need to fall in love with the Mr. Programming if you want to be CS student. One of our successful alumni was also invited. He is now working with the international company at KL Secure lots of international project. I really love when he said " I never regret to be one of graduates from UMS!".

Most of the attenddee were chinese students, so when they performed the sang Chinese song. Then they have games and I got to pick the King of the Night! He is from the first year batch.
Dr. Rayner picked the Queen of the Night.

All in all, I enjoyed the event. I always enjoy whatever event organized by the student. Although it's quite funny to see their arrangement which is somehow carried away, but for me oklah.. it's their night, what.

Congratulations to all my students who are going to finish their studies. Wish you all the best.

1 comment:

Linachu said...

Lost 3 kilos? Woohooo!! Sia pulak cam semakin kuat makan lately..yoyo dieting betul..

Wah it's good that they got one of the successful alumni to come to the dinner, bagi semangat juga tu to the students..