Sunday, December 06, 2009

Next Step

Last Monday, I received this letter calling for interview for SL. It was a mixture of happy and anxious. Happy because after 10 years of teaching, at last I will be evaluated for the promotion. Anxious because I don't like interview session!

Yes, 10 years for a promotion is a very very long time. Most of my friends are either furthering their studies or joining another line of career.There are several steps before you can apply for SL. It is not time-based promotion like teacher. Although you are eligible to apply (according to the marks you get from the CVOnline), but you still need to 1)confirmed and 2) pass the PTK. Besides, you also need to have a list of publications and social works too. I am really bad at documentation. So, there it goes some of my marks for social works. I can't remember many of the social works that I get involve with. One of my colleague said we need to score at least 80 marks for 3 years in a row for the SKT in order for you to be considered for the promotion. But if you get your DR, the promo is sort of automatic.
Gambar Hiasan.. tiada kena mengena ;p

Why don't just go for phd then apply the post, then? Wohoo.. it's the money-matters, of course. I hope I can get the rise before 'jumping' to the phd thingy. I don't think I can afford to fly back and forth to KL with my current salary. Ikat perut lah tu..
The interview will be on next Thursday. So wish me luck! The candidates from our department applying for the same promotion is in quite a long list. And I really hope I am lucky. The competition will be tough.

***Update***

I called the person in charge.. the interview is postponed. The shocking news is.. there will be a quota! Only 1/3 will be promoted. Oh no! Suddenly my vision becomes blurred. Turn out, the light at the end of the tunnel is only a fata morgana.
Mood : Sad :(

3 comments:

Maz Al Eidrus said...

mate... nice background and concept...

All the best for the interview... Dont count on your luck... count on your fate... rezeki itu Allah yang kasi... except for some political reasons, setiap orang ada chance 1/3 tu kan? Pray hard ok...

I pray and hope for you to get the promotion. U deserved it!

mai said...

good luck k.siti, kalau sudah rezeki tu pasti dapat juga kan, be it 1/3. hope u'll get it!

Misako said...

thanks kawan.. ;)