Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday my Princess

Last Saturday we celebrate my Nurul’s birthday. She is now 9 years old. Actually her birthday is suppose to be on Sunday 29 March, but because I have PLUMS class on Sunday, we celebrate it earlier. It was just a simple, family-only, birthday party. The menu : Fried chicken, spaghetti, pizza, nasi beriyani and  beef curry. The attendees : Ida and family, Ipah, Ijul, Auntie Zaiton n hubby. Yup that’s all.

I can still remember when I gave birth to Nurul 9 years ago. One week before that, my friend Az came all the way from Manchester to pay a visit.

We were in Glasgow back then. Hubby n I enrolled ourselves to the pre-natal class which was very helpful especially for first time mother like me. Away from the family makes me feel kecut perut. How lah mau berpantang tempat orang. It was at the end of summer. Tuesday - My class finish at around 4 pm as usual. After class I went to the pre-natal class. That night while watching Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, my water broke. Panic, we called  kak Ratna then our neighbour kak Jah. Both do not have the experience of having water broke. They advised to go to hospital instead. We went to the hospital around 8 pm, but the doctor said it’s better for me to wait at home until the contraction start. So, we went home. The next day still no sign of contraction. Went to the hospital at 5 pm and was induced. 7 pm, I started to feel the pain. The nurses and doctor were very kind and helpful. 9 pm, second stage of labour. I took gas and painkiller injection. Sakit siuut. Repeatedly I recite whatever ayat Quran yg terlintas di fikiran. Boleh pulak ayat ni terpacul “Lai, mengkali begini lah sakit kalau mo mati”. High. Maybe because of the effect of morphine for painkiller. 11.57 pm, our Nurul arrived. She weighed 2.9 kg. 2 weeks earlier than my due date.

We were hospitalized for 1 week because she was suspected infected. It was really sad to see doctors took blood samples from her tiny feet. They injected her antibiotics for several day. Because she was exclusively breast fed, and my milk was so slow, she was the loudest baby in the ward. Tensionnya..especially when the visiting hour came and nobody visited me. I cried together with Nurul. How I wish my parents were there. The next Saturday, most of the Malaysian family visited us. At least it chased away my sadness. We went home after one week at the hospital.

It was priceless experience. No matter what, family is irreplaceable. How I wished my mom was there that time.

I would like to thank especially my beloved hubby for being there as my confinement ‘lady’, through the hard and happy time bringing up our children. Of course to our parents. Although I don’t say it in words, but I do really love you both, ayah and mummy.

Eh, mcm salah topik plak. By the way, Happy birthday my dear princess Nurul. Ummi doakan semoga menjadi anak yang baik, taat dan berguna. I will always love you, my unconditional love. Forever.

3 comments:

Linachu said...

Thank you for mentioning me. Yeah, I still remember..when I came back from class, there was a message from Sar saying that you already gave birth. I really salute u for being able to handle buat masters and having a baby at the same time. Oh, siok pulak ingat tat I had my own phone in my room in the halls of residence! Boleh ada voice message lagi tu...kira hebat la untuk time tu..hehe..

Ingat lagi sia naik train pi Glasgow tu..siok oh..I remember I wrote down all the names of the stops/train stations on the way there..mana sudah list tu. And then ur hubby pulak jemput sia di train station..segan pula sia..hehe.. op, panjang sudah..Belum lagi sia terscan gambar kita tiga urg tu tau...

Happy Birthday Nurul! and her Ummi too..

Misako said...

Thanks Az! I still remember clearly tu the situation. Rindu pulak kalau ingat2 time tu..

Hahaha..kalau bayar brpa byk skalipun, tidak mau lagi aku ulang buat master sambil having baby. Nasib x gila. Hehehe..

Bah.. aku pun asyik terlupa jak mo scan.. nanti letak d blog aa..

Dr. Rachel Mansa said...

aw.. u make me cry.. very sweet la...